People funding area aims to support community organisations working to:
- facilitate improved outcomes for high need communities in our region
- support strengths-based programmes that focus on positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
Grants will be considered for costs relating to:
- operating costs
- grants for operating costs will be considered up to 30% of an organisation's annual expenditure
- programme / project costs
- resources, equipment
Please refer to the funding exclusions for People
- Children from birth to 12 years.
- Young people aged 12-24. Our aim is to improve outcomes for young people through focusing on youth development, health promotion and prevention.
- Families. Strong families/whanau are the bedrock of society and provide the foundation for healthy child and adolescent development. It is essential that programmes that target children and young people include their families and whanau.
- High need communities. These are those in which people experience multiple disadvantages and/or live in areas of high deprivation. It relates to how communities are affected by a range of social and health determinants, such as rates of employment, connectedness, access to healthcare and social support, education and housing.
Early Childhood Education Centres from decile 1 - 3 communities can apply for a grant of $10,000 for play equipment or outdoor area upgrades (including shade sails).