Participation funding area aims to support community organisations working to:
- support the growth and development of recreation and sport by increasing participation and engagement at a community, regional and club level
- support creative projects and organisations that aim to foster access to, engagement with and experience in the arts
- support projects that recognise and celebrate the diverse cultures of our region.
Grants will be considered for costs relating to:
- operating costs
- excludes operating costs for community facilities and sports clubs
- grants for operating costs will be considered up to 30% of an organisation's annual expenditure
- programme / project costs
- capacity and capability building
- leadership development
- resources and equipment
Who should apply?
If your organisation previously applied under our Recreation & Sport or Arts & Culture sectors, please refer to the Participation priorities listed below to see if your work is aligned with our strategic objectives.
What we don't fund
Please refer to the funding exclusions for Participation
- ensuring access and encouraging participation and retention of people in artistic, cultural, recreational and sporting activities
- development of programmes and organisations at critical growth stages
- support for key community partners and lead organisations in the arts, culture, recreation and sports sectors
- collaboration that facilitates shared collective community outcomes
- support for organisations that service rural and remote communities
- initiatives and approaches that improve accessibility of services and encourage participation including awareness raising.